PGA | Director of Player Development
Driven, Energetic, Self Starter – Landyn is a proud PGA professional who specializes in Junior golf and player development. Landyn is married to his highschool sweetheart Monique, Landyn was a basketball player at Tucson High who dabbled in golf before making it his career and life’s passion.
Awards and Honors:
- 2016 Southwest Section Southern Chapter Assistant of the year
- 2017 Chapter Junior Golf Leader
- 2018 Chapter Player Development
- 2018 Southwest Section Youth Player Development
- 2019 Chapter Junior Golf Leader
- 2021 Chapter junior Golf Leader
- 2022 Chapter Player Development
- 2022 Section Player Development
- 2019-2021 National PGA LEAD program
- 2022 National #gamechanger Player Engagement award
Tucson, Ariz. (March 21, 2023) – Tucson City Golf’s Director of Player Development Landyn Lewis was recently honored by the Southwest Section of the PGA, winning the 2022 Player Development Award. The award recognizes a PGA Professional for extraordinary and exemplary contributions and achievements in the area of player development. Lewis received the award last month at the Southwest PGA Awards Ceremony.
For Tucson City Golf, which includes Randolph Golf Complex, El Rio Golf Course, Fred Enke Golf Course and Silverbell Golf Course, Lewis created the Tucson Golf Program with various player development programs to introduce people to the game, help existing players improve, provide classes/clinics/camps and encourage people to get out on the golf course. Those programs include Get Golf Ready, Operation 36, PGA Jr League, PING Interclub and PGA Family Cup. Lewis coordinates, promotes and conducts all the initiatives, which has resulted in all of the programs flourishing.